What will be your job?
The Technical Superintendent has the overall technical responsibility for several vessels and is responsible for keeping the designated vessels and its equipment technically operational. The coordination and execution of the day-to-day maintenance and repair activities is performed by the engine room crew, leaded by two Chief Engineers per vessel. The Technical Superintendent coordinates and plans the (middle) long term maintenance and advises the on board crew when required.
The job involves the following:
- Responsible for the overall condition of the assigned vessels;
- Providing technical support and consultancy to the vessels;
- Preparation (including detailed specification and focus on planning), organization and execution of ship’s dry-docking;
- Performing condition and safety inspections, coordinating surveys, repairs and claims with Class/Flag State;
- Responsible for the Class Certification of the vessel(s);
- Preparing and managing the budgets for assigned vessels;
- Responsible for the supervision of correct and cost-effective purchasing of spare parts, stores and services.
What is your talent?
For this position you need the following:
- B.Sc degree in Technical Engineering with relevant work experience;
- experience in planned maintenance and repairs;
- fully conversant in English;
- have a good knowledge of MS Office applications and modern Planned Maintenance
- willing to travel and spend time abroad;
- willingness to work irregular hours.
- Good (project) organizing skills;
- safety and cost awareness;
- able to work independently;
- good communication skills.
Where will you be working?
You will be working in a company that is specialized in engineerd solutions for the full range of Heavy Lift Transport and it is situated near Rotterdam. Development, trust and reliability are important keys to success.
What is our talent?
It is our goal to help you to get a new interesting opportunity by guiding you through the whole recruitmentprocess. We have to look together what you wishes are and what your ideal next step is, so we can find for you the best match. We look further than only this position. If this position is not for you the best for some reason, there may be other options where we can help you. What are our strengths?
- We will give you honest feedback about your chances.
- The best introduction and guidance through the entire recruitment process.
- In case an employment contract is awarded we will make sure you get the best terms and conditions.