Sr. Structural Engineer (Transport & Installation)
What will be you responsibilities?
- Prepare and update work packages and procedures for various phases of the work.
- Design (temporary) steel structures.
- Prepare detailed calculations on project related subjects such as rigging, pad-eyes, sea-fastening and barge grillages.
- Resolve technical queries and recommend solutions to engineering problems related to structural elements.
- Ensure compliancy with engineering standards and relevant codes.
- Liaise with other departments and participate in project meetings.
- Support Operations during the execution phase and go offshore if needed.
- Support the Technical Department if work needs to be done on our equipment or if equipment needs to be developed.
What’s your talent?
• A Bachelor or Masters degree in Civil, Offshore or Mechanical Engineering.
• At least 10 years of experience in offshore construction.
• Experience with grillage & seafastening, rigging design, guides & bumpers and other T&I related topics.
• Excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and written.
• Flexible and hands-on mentality.
• Willing to travel abroad to sites and sometimes go offshore.
Where will you be working?
Your employer is a well known offshore contractor with excellent career opportunities. Personal and professional development are key and they offer a broad variety in work and responsibilities. This organisation has several openings and these are all positions for permanent staff.
What is our talent?
TRIUS was asked to recruit for this position and it’s our goal to help you land an interesting opportunity. In case this position isn’t for you for some reason, there may be other options with other employers as well.