Senior Piping Designer
What does your job entail?
The PIPING DESIGN AND ENGINEERING department is responsible for the piping specifications, philosophies of design, layouts, stress, corrosion, flow and liaises with the relevant authorities and third parties when required. Design area’s are split between Topsides Process Modules and Vessel piping. In the role of Senior Piping Designer you are responsible for the development of the Piping Design of either Topsides Process Modules or Vessel Piping on large FPSO projects. SBM inhouse engineering mostly consists of Basic or FEED engineering. Followed by the coordination of Subcontracted detail engineering and follow-up during construction.
What are the job requirements?
We are looking for candidates with a Technical education at BSc level or adequate relevant experience in this discipline. You have over ten (10) years of experience in Piping design and coordination, preferably in similar positions. The following skills and experience are required:
• Experience in FEED, Proposals, Basic- and detail design and construction;
• A problem solving mentality;
• Previous experience with floating production installations;
• A pro- active approach and not afraid to take initiative;
• Maintains accuracy and efficiency in face of pressure;
• Experience with working in an international dynamic, changing environment.
• Helicopter view, sets priorities;
• Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbally;
• Experience in Offshore Piping design rules and regulations;
• Great MS Office skills as well as experience with PDMS Design, Draft, reporting and Navisworks;
• Able to deliver arrangements complete design packages of components and subsystems;
• Previous experience with leading a small group of piping designers is an advantage.
• Willing to accept an intercontinental assignment to assist detail design is an advantage
Where will you be working?
SBM Offshore’s main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation and life extension of Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels. Other products include: semi-submersibles, TLPs, FPSO LNGs, turret mooring systems, brownfield, offshore (off)loading terminals and most recently solutions for renewable energy. SBM Offshore is a market leader in providing leased production floating systems.
With its statutory seat in Amsterdam in the Netherlands, SBM Offshore employees’ total 4,250 and are spread over five regional centers, 10 operational shore bases and the offshore fleet of vessels. Group companies employ over 4,750 people worldwide, which include 500 working for the joint venture construction yards.
You’ll be working in SBM’s Schiedam Office near Rotterdam in The Netherlands.
What is our talent?
TRIUS is a trusted partner for SBM offshore and we were asked to recruit several candidates for this position. After your application is received by TRIUS you can expect the following:
• We’ll give you honest feedback about your chances.
• The best introduction and guidance through the entire recruitment process.
• In case an employment contract is awarded we’ll make sure you get the best terms and conditions.
• SBM Offshore can’t work with independent contractors so you’d have to be willing to join our payroll.
• Remuneration packages are negotiable and tailor-made to your situation.
• A long-term assignment for two years or more.