Project Engineer Topsides
What will you be doing?
As Project Engineer Topsides you are part of a team of professionals who participate in projects to deliver floating production solutions in our regional center in Schiedam (NL). You will ensure that the execution is completed as per contract and internal guidelines and procedures and a set time-frame. You will report to the Overall Engineering Project Manager and respective Area Managers.
Furthermore you will:
- Coordinate the design and engineering activities;
- Provide support during fabrication, testing and the start-up of projects;
- Coordinate and participate in the preparation of technical documents;
- Coordinate the interfaces, both within Engineering and with other departments, including Supply Chain, Construction, Completions, HSSE, Regulatory Compliance and the Fleet Operations team.
Who are you?
We are looking for candidates with a BSc or MSc degree in a relevant engineering discipline, such as Chemical technology, Naval Architecture, Mechanical, Structural, Offshore or similar. You have 5 to 10 years of experience in an engineering position within the Oil & Gas Upstream industry and relevant projects, preferably with some experience in a leading position. Experience with EPC projects is a must have! You have a keen interest in extending your engineering experience into project engineering.
In addition to this, you have the following skills and competences:
- Topside experience (preference);
- You are willing to accept regular traveling and possible assignments abroad;
- Strong analytical skills;
- You are a self- starter with a pro-active personality;
- Strong communication skills;
- Team player;
- Some exposure to Clients;
- Fluent in English, both written and verbally.
Where will you be working?
SBM Offshore’s main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation and life extension of Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels. Other products include: semi-submersibles, TLPs, FPSO LNGs, turret mooring systems, brownfield, offshore (off)loading terminals and most recently solutions for renewable energy. SBM Offshore is a market leader in providing leased production floating systems.
With its statutory seat in Amsterdam in the Netherlands, SBM Offshore employees’ total 4,250 and are spread over five regional centers, 10 operational shore bases and the offshore fleet of vessels. Group companies employ over 4,750 people worldwide, which include 500 working for the joint venture construction yards.
What is our talent?
TRIUS is a trusted partner for SBM offshore and we were asked to recruit several candidates for this position. After your application is received by TRIUS you can expect the following:
- We’ll give you honest feedback about your chances.
- The best introduction and guidance through the entire recruitment process.
- In case an employment contract is awarded we’ll make sure you get the best terms and conditions for this particular position.
- SBM Offshore can’t work with independent contractors so you’d have to be willing to join our payroll.
- Remuneration packages are negotiable and tailor-made to your situation.
- A long-term assignment for two years or more.