What does your job entail?
As a process engineer, you will be assigned to one of our challenging FPSO projects. Together with other process engineers, you contribute to the process design of the facility’s production and utility systems. You utilize your knowledge of process technology, engineering methods and apply engineering standards and procedures to complete your work, ensuring that the process design is properly translated into Process Flow Diagrams, P&ID’s, Data Sheets and other documents.
What is your talent?
We are looking for someone with a MSc or BSc degree in Chemical or Process Engineering, strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals and plenty of experience in preparation of engineering documents as project deliverables.
• Conversant with relevant international standards applicable to Oil & Gas production facilities, such as API, ISO, ASME and IEC;
• Excellent knowledge of the English language in verbal and written communication.
• At least 10 years of relevant Process Engineering experience;
• Process simulation experience (HYSYS and/or UniSim, steady-state and preferably also dynamic);
• Familiar with design review methods, such as HAZID, HAZOP, SIL Assessment, LOPA;
• Development of: PI&D, Equipment Datasheets, Instrument datasheets, Cause & Effect Diagrams, HP/LP interface study (process safeguarding documentation)
• Good interface knowledge with related engineering disciplines, i.e. Piping, Instrumentation, Mechanical and Safety & Loss Prevention.
• EPC projects and detailed design experience up to Approved for Construction deliverables;
• Experience in engineering and design of offshore Oil & Gas production facilities and familiar with Utility Systems on FPSO’s;
Where you will be working?
SBM Offshore’s main activities are the design, supply, installation, operation and life extension of Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels. Other products include: semi-submersibles, TLPs, FPSO LNGs, turret mooring systems, brownfield, offshore (off)loading terminals and most recently solutions for renewable energy. SBM Offshore is a market leader in providing leased production floating systems.
With its statutory seat in Amsterdam in the Netherlands, SBM Offshore employees’ total 4,250 and are spread over five regional centers, 10 operational shore bases and the offshore fleet of vessels. Group companies employ over 4,750 people worldwide, which include 500 working for the joint venture construction yards.
You’ll be working in SBM’s Schiedam Office near Rotterdam in The Netherlands.
What is our talent?
TRIUS is a trusted partner for SBM offshore and we were asked to recruit several candidates for this position. After your application is received by TRIUS you can expect the following:
• We’ll give you honest feedback about your chances.
• The best introduction and guidance through the entire recruitment process.
• In case an employment contract is awarded we’ll make sure you get the best terms and conditions.
• SBM Offshore can’t work with independent contractors so you’d have to be willing to join our payroll.
• Remuneration packages are negotiable and tailor-made to your situation.
• A long-term assignment for two years or more.