Mechanical Engineer (Dredger Design)
Responsibilities & tasks
- Ensure designs for equipment are of high quality, cost-effective and comply with applicable requirements
- Ensure equipment is properly integrated in the ships
- Perform opportunity and risk analyses
- Work proactively on continuous improvement, standardization and development of design rules
- Oversee the design and collaborate with other engineers
- Consult colleagues from other technical disciplines frequently
- Write and handle equipment requisitions in accordance with project requirements
- Play an active role in engineering, selection, inspection, testing, delivery and (pre)commissioning of materials
- Report to the manager or project manager
- A BSc or MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 5 years of experience with large mechanical equipment in the shipbuilding industry
- An innovative and flexible approach when it comes to technical solutions
- Knowledge of and experience with 3D modelling software
- An excellent command of Dutch and English
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- The seniority to make decisions and defend them when necessary
Your employer is a well known Engineering Company with a strong focus on ship design. They have several offices and an excellent track-record. They offer a staff position with a first 1 year contract through TRIUS with all the benefits they have to offer including over 30 paid holidays, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and plenty of time for fun, trips, drinks and festivities.
What does TRIUS do?
We can tell you more about the company and the way forward once you apply. If there’s a match we’ll guide you through the recruitment process and when all parties agree on the fact that they were “made for eachother” we’ll offer you a one year contract to start with.