Manager Legal Department
Randstad and Groningen
What are your tasks and responsibilities?
• Lead and coach a team of 7 Contracts Engineers based in Groningen.
• Report to the Legal Director in The Hague and the General Manager of Groningen office.
• Review and qualify general and special conditions contained within prospective clients.
• Identify and advise tender teams on recommended steps to mitigate potential contractual
and commercial risks taking into account contracting principles as against actual risks.
• Attend tender board meetings as part of the tender team to present contractual risk strategies.
• Negotiate acceptable terms and conditions with prospective clients and major suppliers.
• Provide guidance to supply chain and project personnel on contractual implications.
• Draft and review general legal agreements including confidentiality agreements, mutual hold
harmless agreements, Parent company guarantees, memorandum of understanding, pre-bid
agreements, co-operation agreements.
• Develop the legal and contracts team through clearly understood roles, responsibilities and
performance objectives, regular feedback and continuing professional training.
• Manage and actively participate in the performance appraisal for the legal and contracts
• Provide strategic direction, leadership, supervision and mentoring to the legal and contracts
What is your talent?
• 10 years relevant experience (Renewables experience preferred)
• Proven experience of reviewing, negotiating and advising on tendering contracts and
providing legal support on projects including dispute resolution
• Experience in qualifying large and complex contracts, FIDIC yellow book and other industry standard
contracts in addition to bespoke client contracts.
• Relevant previous experience in a commercial / contracting environment with strong
commercial awareness and effective negotiation skills.
• General legal experience.
• In-house legal experience
• Proven people management skills
• Management and negotiation skills
• Resourceful and pragmatic problem solving abilities with hands-on attitude
• Ability to prioritise and manage own workload is essential.
• Willing to travel to other offices and occasionallly to clients or suppliers abroad.
Where will you be working?
Our client is an offshore contractor with its main office in the UK and several offices across the globe. With state of the art equipment, highly motivated personnel and a proven track record in renewables our client is well equipped to expand its business.
What is our talen?
We can tell you anyting you need to know about the position and this organisation in general. If this position is for you we can guide you through the recruitment process and help you with your negotiations and assure the beste terms for your employment.