(Lead) Decommissioning Engineer
What does your job entail?
As part of the Decommissioning Team, you will report directly to the Lead Decommissioning Engineer (Platform Dismantlement). The team is based in The Netherlands where you will be responsible for the technical review and approval of detailed engineering reports, calculation, removal procedures, manuals, method statements and quality procedures/plans. You will be in contact with interdisciplinary departments, ranging from; other engineering disciplines, technical safety, and environmental and marine warranty assurance services contractors on reviews, inspections, and approvals of project documentation.
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety and environmental legislation and best practice for all aspects of your work
- Define preparation works for dismantlement and support the implementation of the plan with the offshore combined operations management team and the decommissioning team.
- Implement the management of change process for all relevant activities.
- Assess potential use of alternative technologies in order to reduce decommissioning costs.
- Manage contractors where required & provide operational interface to operations as necessary
- Carry out cost estimates for forthcoming decommissioning projects
- Support development of AFE (Authorization of Expenditure) documentation for decommissioning projects
- Support the tendering process and review of proposals for relevant works in order to recommend most suitable contractors
- Review and validate lifting analysis, global temporary in-place analysis, motion & transport analysis, sea fastening design, towing and anchoring analysis in line with appropriate codes and standards
- Review initial installation documents, including; topside and jackets weights, in-service history and modifications (major and minor), review manufacturer data sheets, plot plans, and offshore weight verification surveys.
- Review topside and jacket annual integrity reports, and inspection reports for the installations to be decommissioned, liaise with the integrity department to identify structural anomalies and establish the current integrity condition of the installations.
- Perform installations weight reviews, COG assessment, heavy lift vessel screening, develop lifting concepts, and removal methodologies.
What are the job requirements?
- Bachelor (HTS) or Master Civil Engineering, Offshore Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a structural engineer in the O&G, renewables or marine engineering sector.
- Proven experience as a Structural Engineer dealing with structural integrity, and decommissioning of mature offshore fixed platforms together with a good grounding in the application of applicable rules of regulations.
Where will you be working?
You will be working at the world leader of highly specialised fields of marine engineering, dredging and environmental remediation operating in almost 100 countries worldwide with in total more than 5000 highly skilled professionals.
What is our talent?
It is our goal to help you to get a new interesting opportunity by guiding you through the whole recruitmentprocess. We have to look together what you wishes are and what your ideal next step is, so we can find for you the best match. We look further than only this position. If this position is not for you the best for some reason, there may be other options where we can help you. What are our strengths?
- We will give you honest feedback about your chances.
- The best introduction and guidance through the entire recruitment process.
- In case an employment contract is awarded we will make sure you get the best terms and conditions.